Contents :On behalf of the Board of Director of Hup Seng Industries Berhad, we are pleased to trnasmit a copy ofthe Notice of Ninth Annual General Meeting to be advertised in Star, Utusan Malaysia, Sin Chew and Nanyang on 20 April, 2001 for your attention.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held at Mezzanine Floor, The Katerina Hotel, 8 Jalan Zabedah, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor Darul Takzim on Wednesday, 16 May 2001 at 11:00 a.m for the purpose of considering, and if thought fit, passing the following Special Resolution:-
PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF HUP SENG INDUSTRIES BHD
“THAT the alterations, modifications and additions to the Articles of Association as set out in Appendix I of the Circular to Shareholders dated 20 April 2001 be and are hereby approved.”
By Order of the Board
LEONG OI WAH (f)
MAICSA NO. 7023802
LEONG SIEW FOONG (f)
MAICSA NO. 7007572
Dated: 20 April 2001
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his stead. A proxy may but need not be a member of the Company and if the proxy is not a member of the Company, the proxy shall be an advocate or an approved company auditor or a person approved by the Registrar of Companies.
2. A member shall be entitled to appoint more than one proxy (subject always to a maximum of two (2) proxies at each meeting) to attend and vote at the same meeting.
3. Where a member appoints more than one (1) proxy (subject always to a maximum of two (2) proxies at each meeting) the appointment shall be invalid unless he specifies the proportions of his holdings to be represented by each proxy.
4. If the appointer is a corporation, the proxy form must be executed under its Seal or under the hand of the attorney.
5. The instrument appointing a proxy must be deposited at the office of the Registered Office of the Company, Signet & Co Sdn. Bhd. at Suite 633, 6th Floor, PanGlobal Plaza, Jalan Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the time appointed for holding the Meeting.
6. The above resolution must be passed by at least three-fourths of the members or proxies (entitled to attend and vote) present and voting.
HUP SENG INDUSTRIES BERHAD (226098-P)
(Incorporated in Malaysia)
Notice Of Extraordinary General Meeting