NOTICE OF 15TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
|HUP SENG INDUSTRIES BERHAD|
|Subject||NOTICE OF 15TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING|
Contents :NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Fifteenth Annual General Meeting of Hup Seng Industries Berhad will be held at Mezzanine Floor, The Katerina Hotel, 8, Jalan Zabedah, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor Darul Takzim on Wednesday, 16 May 2007 at 9.00 a.m. for the following purposes: -
A G E N D A
(Please refer to the table below)
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
WOO YING PUN (f)
- MAICSA NO. 7001280
- MAICSA NO. 7007572
Date: 24 April 2007
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy or proxies to attend and vote in his stead. A proxy may but need not be a member of the Company and if the proxy is not a member of the Company, the proxy shall be an advocate or an approved company auditor or a person approved by the Registrar of Companies.
2. A member shall be entitled to appoint more than one proxy (subject always to a maximum of two (2) proxies at each meeting) to attend and vote at the same meeting.
3. Where a member appoints more than one (1) proxy (subject always to a maximum of two (2) proxies at each meeting) the appointment shall be invalid unless he specifies the proportions of his holdings to be represented by each proxy.
4. Where a member is an authorised nominee as defined under The Securities Industry (Central Depositories) Act, 1991 it may appoint at least one proxy in respect of each Securities Account it holds with ordinary shares of the Company standing to the credit of the said Securities Account.
5. The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing under the hand of the appointer or if such appointer is a corporation under its common seal or the hand of its attorney.
6. The instrument appointing a proxy must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company, Symphony Corporatehouse Sdn. Bhd. (Formerly Known As Corporatehouse Services Sdn. Bhd.) at Suite 6.1A, Level 6, Menara Pelangi, Jalan Kuning, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the time appointed for holding the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
7. Explanatory notes on Special Resolution: -
Special Resolution in respect of Proposed Amendments To The Company’s Articles Of Association is to be in line with the amendments made to Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
|1||To receive the Audited Financial Statements for the financial year ended 31 December 2006 together with the Directors' and Auditors' Report thereon.|
|2||To approve the payment of Directors' Fees for the financial year ended 31 December 2006.|
|3||To re-elect the following Directors who retire during the year in accordance with the Company's Articles of Association and being eligible, offer themselves for re-election: -|
|- Keh (Kerk) Chu Koh - Article 76|
|- Norita Binti Ja’afar - Article 76|
|- Raja Khairul Anuar Bin Raja Mokhtar - Article 76|
|- Kerk Kar Han - Article 83|
|4||To consider, and if thought fit, to pass the following resolution: -|
“THAT pursuant to Section 129(6) of the Companies Act, 1965, Mr Kuo Choo Song be and is hereby re-appointed as Director of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.”
|5||To re-appoint Messrs Ernst & Young who retire as Auditors of the Company and authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration.|
|6||To consider and if thought fit, to pass the following Special Resolution: -|
PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF THE COMPANY (“Proposed Amendments to the Articles”)
|“THAT the alterations, modifications or additions to the Articles of Association of the Company as contained in the Circular set out in Appendix I be and are hereby approved.”|
|7||To transact any other business of which due notice shall have been given.|
|Company Name||HUP SENG INDUSTRIES BERHAD|
|Date Announced||23 Apr 2007|